Week 2 Reading Overview

The Ramayana I am choosing to read is going to be the Public Domain Edition. I chose this option of the Ramayana because it's free. Spending money for a book compared to not spending money on a book is an easy option.

The first comic book I chose from Bizzell Comic books was Vali: The Downfall of an Arrogant King. This comic book stood out to me the most because I liked the plot. The reading guide kept me intrigued due to the consistent battles against Vali.

The second comic book I chose from Bizzell Comic books was The Sons of Rama: Luv and Kush — The Invincible Twins. I chose this story because the title stood out to me. The story was intriguing because it involved Rama, the same person who killed Vali in the story above. Rama got rid of his own pregnant wife and gave birth to Luv and Kush. Towards the end of the story, Rama was challenging his own sons without knowing who they were. 

The first youtube video that I watched was Harry Potter Meets Hindu Mythology | EPIFIED. I chose to watch this video because I am a personal fan of the Harry Potter series. It was a good video to watch because the creator basically compared the two stories and how they were similar. It was intriguing to see how well the two stories correlated with each other throughout the video. 

The second youtube video I decided to watch was Foods for Gods | Epified. I chose this video because I wanted to learn a little bit more about the content within Indian Epics. It was intriguing to learn more about the culture. For example, I learned that soma in Indian Epics is an intoxicating beverage during festivities.        

                               
Rama Happy Reigns as King. I chose this image because both stories I selected from the comic books involved Rama. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Introduction to the Life of AJ

Comment Wall

Week 7 Story: Arjuna's Letter to Subhadra