Growth Mindset

 This is the first time I have heard about Carol Dweck and growth mindset. On a spectrum of growth-fixed mindset, I believe I am more growth orientated. I tend to push myself to defeat difficulties in order to feel a sense of accomplishment. I personally know when something is too easy for me and I know I need to try a little bit harder. For example, in my school work, I'll work through practice problems that are slightly more basic than what I should expect to see on an exam. Then, I begin to work on more intricate or difficult problems, so I avoid telling myself that I can't understand the concept. I tend to take it step by step so I don't over work my brain and think about it too much. I feel like having a "I'll get there" mentality is a lot better for personal morale. I agree with Dweck's "not yet" mentality because it does give every kid a chance to give it a shot and not feel dumb if they do it incorrectly. A fixed mindset can be dangerous at a young age because it can have a long term effect. It is always best to make every kid feel equal to their peers with equal opportunity. 


Fixed Mindset compared to a Growth mindset from Parenting Tips + Hacks For Busy Moms on Beenke.com. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Introduction to the Life of AJ

Comment Wall

Week 7 Story: Arjuna's Letter to Subhadra