Week 8 Comments and Feedback

Overall, I would say the quality of comments and feedback I receive from other students is pretty useful. The comments can get repetitive, but usually that could mean that everyone is noticing something that could be improved, thus becoming useful advice. The most useful comments to me would be anything that has to do with understand the story. The way someone perceives the writer as a reader is very important, thus being able to communicate the story appropriately to the audience is the best advice I like to take. 

I personally attempt to leave the best and most useful comment I can on someone's story. I wouldn't like for someone to leave a useless comment on my blog to receive the credit, so I always try to help other. I think the best strategy so far is to read the person's story and then read the source story. After understanding both stories well, I then leave a comment over it. You have to be able to know what you are talking about to advice someone. You can't tell someone that something is wrong if you don't know what the thing is. Furthermore, leaving comments and understanding people's stories helps me as a writer because I can learn from their mistakes, or I could learn from seeing people use their own style.  

I think blog commenting is a great way for people to get to know each other! The introduction and mandatory commenting leave students no choice, but to do the comments. Because of this, I think people go ahead and begin to remember students and their own pages. 

I personally wouldn't change anything on my blogger or comment wall. 


An image of a Cat captioned, "You can learn from criticism." From Growth Mindset & Feedback Cats. I chose this image specifically because I really do believe criticism helps shape the work ethic and discipline within any area of life. As mentioned before, as long as the person is as or more developed than you in a certain area. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Introduction to the Life of AJ

Comment Wall

Week 7 Story: Arjuna's Letter to Subhadra